6/13/11

Moce Fiji!

Well, I can't believe this is my last week here in Fiji. I am honestly filled with so much emotion. This has been the most amazing experience of my life and I just feel so blessed to have been able to come spend so much time here. I have loved every second of if. Even when things were hard, it didn't matter because I knew that what I was doing here made it all worth it. I'm going to miss so much about Fiji. I'm going to miss the people first of all. They have the most caring, giving, hearts here and are so much fun! I'm going to miss the work we have been able to do here, but I'm super fired up to continue this humanitarian stuff back home in the states! I will miss the other 20 volunteers I have lived/worked with the past month and half. They are so amazing! I love every single one of them! Haha, of course there were times when we all got on each others' nerves, but then we would walk to the store, eat a blitz bar, and feel happy all over again! I will miss Maya and her Indian food...ok, I'll miss some of it. :) I will miss trying to get her son to stop smoking, and all the funny talks we had out on the porch! I'll miss the ward, the music class, the mini bus's, the pink brick house, cream buns, and so much more that I don't even have room to write! But one thing is for sure, coming to Fiji has been one of the best decisions I've ever made!

I would suggest to anyone who is thinking about doing some sort of service, to really look into HELP International's program. There are so many places to choose from, and even if it's not Fiji, I know you will love it! You will feel like a new person by the time you leave. I know I do! I'm so thankful for this experience and for everyone who helped me get here. I hope to come back here eventually, but for now I will say Moce and Vinaka to Fiji!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment